Welcome to the
City of Dallas Volunteer Program!
Volunteers change everything – where they live, work and play. As one of the fastest growing cities in the country, volunteers in Dallas are critical to supporting that growth, whether they work downtown, live in East Dallas, or brunch in Bishop Arts.
In partnership with nonprofit VolunteerNow, the City of Dallas Volunteer Program provides meaningful opportunities for volunteers to connect with the city, support local government, serve in various departments, and strengthen community resilience.
The City of Dallas Volunteer Program is focused on engaging people in projects and activities that positively impact the community and change lives for the better.
Volunteers have the opportunity to be a dog's best friend, support neighborhoods, serve holiday meals to seniors, beautify our parks and trails, and bring smiles as a reading buddy to a child. By donating your time and talents to city departments, you can make a big difference in your own backyard.
Whether you can give a few hours or a few days, or whether you are an individual or part of a group, the City of Dallas Volunteer Program has a place for you!
Make a difference
Create positive impact
Volunteers give more than 400,000 hours annually! Volunteers come from all sectors of the community, including city staff, schools, universities, corporations, civic organization, and faith-based groups. The economic value and impact volunteers provide to the City of Dallas each year means resources and funds can be stretched for projects and city programs that make our community so great.
Here are a few of the departments you can support:
- Dallas Animal Services
- Office of Emergency Management
- Police Department
- Neighborhood Vitality
- Park and Recreation
- Mayor & City Council
- Dallas Public Library
- Department of Aviation
- + more at www.voly.org/cityofdallas
- Increase your awareness of community needs and local government by engaging in projects and sharing ideas to shape the future of your city.
- Develop and build professional skills through networking with city employees and other volunteers.
- Meet new friends who share your passions and goals by joining other volunteers who make a difference every day.
- Make an impact in the life of a child by helping them learn to read, find a home for a stray animal, or assist a neighbor in a community clean up.
Ready to volunteer?
Visit the City of Dallas page on VOLY.org at www.voly.org/cityofdallas. VOLY.org is powered by VolunteerNow, a Dallas-headquartered technology nonprofit with almost 50 years of volunteer management expertise. VolunteerNow supports more than 3,500 community organizations, mobilizes 256,000 volunteers each year, and is proud to administer the City of Dallas Volunteer Program.