Our Honorees: Donna Arp Weitzman
Donna Arp Weitzman's life has been spent as a businesswoman, entrepreneur, elected official, author, philanthropist, wife, and mother.
She is an alumna of Midwestern State University in Wichita Falls, where she graduated summa cum laude with her bachelor's degree and magna cum laude with her master's degree. Donna completed the Harvard Business School Owner/President Manager Executive Education program, and received an honorary doctorate of law from Northwood University.
Donna's business experience ranges from her own start-ups to major corporations. She served in management roles at Procter and Gamble Co. and Boise Cascade Corporation. In 1986, she started her own company, eventually owning three with revenues exceeding $50 million.
In 1997, Donna was elected as a Colleyville city councilwoman and went on to serve as Mayor Pro Tem and Mayor.
She returned to the business world in 2003 as Co-CEO of Realty Capital Partners, a Dallas-based real estate investment company. Six years later, she became president of Encore Capital.
Her business and public life background is exceptional, but we are doubly impressed with her commitment to giving back.
Donna has served on more than 30 nonprofit boards, including:
- The Baylor Health Care System as chairman
- Tarrant County College Foundation as president
- President of the Mayors Council in Tarrant County
- Big Brothers and Big Sisters Board as chairman
- The Harvard Club of Dallas Centennial Committee co-chair
She has received many awards and honors, including:
- President George W. Bush National Volunteer Awaqrd
- U.S.-Israeli Friendship Award, Bnai Zion International
- Inspiring Woman Award, General Mills Corporation United States
- Texas Best Local Leader Award, Jon Ben Sheppard Leadership Institute