VolunteerNow Young Leaders Council
Training the next generation of philanthropic and community leaders through innovative programming
The YLC provides young professionals access to North Texas’ top philanthropic leaders, board service workshops, and exclusive educational partnerships. From social events to service projects in addition to leadership programming, the VolunteerNow Young Leaders Council offers opportunities for career-oriented service. This group serves as a pipeline of engaged emerging leaders, philanthropists, civic volunteers, nonprofit board members and change-makers in North Texas.
Emphasizing innovative thinking, collaboration and leadership, the Young Leaders Council Nonprofit Leadership Curriculum provides invaluable personal and professional development. Young professionals, in their 20s and 30s, may be nominated by their organizations to participate in this year-long program. After an application process, a limited number of candidates will be selected. Applications are open March 1-April 6.
The curriculum will be delivered through four 3-hour Saturday morning sessions. Faculty will include experienced business and nonprofit leaders. The curriculum will be supplemented by social events and hands-on volunteer projects. The Saturday morning sessions will combine interactive, engaging lectures with presentations from two to three local nonprofits.
After the four sessions, participants will be awarded a certificate of completion and will be introduced to nonprofits seeking board members. Tuition for the program is $150 per participant.
- March 1 | Applications open
- April 6 | Applications due
- April 13 | Applicants selected
- May 5 | First class session
- June 2 | Voly in the Park (volunteer event)
- August 25 | Second class session
- September 22 | Third class session
- October 13 | Fourth and final class session
- November 8 | Graduation celebration
- The world of nonprofits
- Strategic planning
- Nonprofit law
- Board structure
Contact us at email@example.com for additional information.
Past 2017 Events
- Service project at Promise House
- Social Event at Eastwood's in Uptown Dallas (photos)
- Nonprofit board leadership workshop in partnership with UTD
- Education panel focusing on young professionals' impact on North Texas
- Service project at VolunteerNow's Voly in the Park
- Back-to-school social benefiting Vogel Alcove
- Served as the host committee for the Fourth Annual Hearts on the Trinity (photos)
Past 2016 Events
- January: networking social event at the Quarter Bar
- February: Leadership Briefing at SPARK!
- April: Volunteered at the Tenth Annual Hearts of Texas Luncheon
- May: Leadership Briefing with four nonprofit board members hosted at Frito Lay North America Headquarters
- June: Volunteered at the Third Annual Voly in the Park
- July: networking social event at The Grove on Harwood
- November: served as the host committee for and volunteered at the Third Annual Hearts on the Trinity (Photos)