VolunteerNow Young Leaders Council
Training the next generation of philanthropic and community leaders through innovative programming
The YLC provides young professionals access to North Texas’ top philanthropic leaders, board service workshops, and exclusive educational partnerships. From social events to service projects in addition to leadership programming, the VolunteerNow Young Leaders Council offers monthly opportunities for career-oriented service. This group serves as a pipeline of engaged emerging leaders, philanthropists, civic volunteers, nonprofit board members and change-makers in North Texas.
The YLC kicked off 2017 with an exclusive educational program in partnership with UT Dallas titled "Introduction to Nonprofit Board Service." This interactive, half-day session covered the basics of what young professionals should expect in the process of finding a nonprofit board opportunity. For more programming, click here to see the 2017 schedule!
Programming in 2016 included an exclusive partnership with UTD and their certificate in nonprofit governance, a panel of corporate executives who serve on nonprofit boards hosted by Frito Lay North America, and a tour and behind-the-scenes look at nonprofit executive leadership at SPARK! See below for our completed 2016 events.
Contact us at email@example.com for additional information.
2017 YLC Calendar
Programming, Meetings and Events
Join us Wednesday, May 17 from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. for an educational panel about young professionals and their impact on North Texas. There will be four nonprofit auxiliary groups represented, each with a liasion from the parent organization and a member of the respective young professional group. Participating organizations:
- Vogel Alcove + Flight YPO
- Genesis Shelter + Genesis Young Leaders
- VNA + Society 34
- VolunteerNow + Young Leaders Council
Past 2017 Events
- Service project at Promise House
- Social Event at Eastwood's in Uptown Dallas (photos)
- Nonprofit board leadership workshop in partnership with UTD
- January: networking social event at the Quarter Bar
- February: Leadership Briefing at SPARK!
- April: Volunteered at the Tenth Annual Hearts of Texas Luncheon
- May: Leadership Briefing with four nonprofit board members hosted at Frito Lay North America Headquarters
- June: Volunteered at the Third Annual Voly in the Park
- July: networking social event at The Grove on Harwood
- November: served as the host committee for and volunteered at the Third Annual Hearts on the Trinity (Photos)